Rhonda O's Note:
Guests For Breakfast?This easy casserole serves a crowd of 10 to 12.Relax with friends while your entire breakfast bakes in one dish.I found this on a recipe card for meat dishes at Walmart!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (8 oz.)
- 6 cups sourdough bread or 6 cups French bread, cubes (about 8 oz.)
- 3 cups shredded swiss cheese or 3 cups cheddar cheese (12oz.)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream or 1 (8 ounce) carton light sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1In skillet cook sausage until no longer pink;drain off excess fat.
- 2Add mushrooms, cook until tender.
- 3Place bread cubes in a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- 4Layer sausage mixture over bread.
- 5Top with cheese and Green OnionSTEP 2 ANOTHER VERSION!
- 6Combine eggs, milk, sour cream and pepper; pour evenly over layers in casserole.
- 7Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hrs!
- 8Preheat oven to 325Bake uncovered 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 9Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage & Mushroom Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.9
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 185.6 mg
- Sodium 424.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 21.8 g