Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Guests For Breakfast?This easy casserole serves a crowd of 10 to 12.Relax with friends while your entire breakfast bakes in one dish.I found this on a recipe card for meat dishes at Walmart!
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (8 oz.)
- 6 cups sourdough bread or 6 cups French bread, cubes (about 8 oz.)
- 3 cups shredded swiss cheese or 3 cups cheddar cheese (12oz.)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream or 1 (8 ounce) carton light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In skillet cook sausage until no longer pink;drain off excess fat.
- Add mushrooms, cook until tender.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Layer sausage mixture over bread.
- Top with cheese and Green OnionSTEP 2 ANOTHER VERSION!
- Combine eggs, milk, sour cream and pepper; pour evenly over layers in casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hrs!
- Preheat oven to 325Bake uncovered 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Great way to start the day! I halved the recipe, but followed everything else. Nice job! Made for *Autumn 09 My Three Chefs Rise N Shine Breakfast*