Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An Australian recipe from http://www.insanitytheory.net posted for ZWT5. If you want to add mushrooms, go ahead. Serve with some spicy tomato salsa or chutney and some green salad on the side.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet (or ovenproof frying pan) with the oil, then add the onion and bell pepper (capsicum) and fry till slightly softened over medium heat, then add the chopped sausage and fry till the sausage is cooked.
- Meanwhile, either steam/boil/microwave the chopped sweet potato till it is almost completely cooked (i.e. soft enough to pierce all the way through but not mushy), then add this to the pan and stir it through for a few minutes to take on the other flavours of the dish.
- Preheat your broiler.
- Beat together the eggs and milk in a bowl, then carefully pour it over the top of the mixture, giving it a little stir to ensure the egg is getting right between all the chunks of sausage and vegetables.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan over the top, then lower the heat of the burner and leave to cook till the bottom and sides have just set, then place under the broiler to cook the top.
- Once it’s finished cooking, remove and serve either warm or cold with a spicy tomato salsa or chutney and some green salad on the side.
This was my first frittata and it was a success! I didn't peel my sweet potato either and doubled the sausage for my husband. It was very good, thanks for posting.
When able I usually don't peel sweet potatoes, & I didn't with this recipe either, but other than that, I followed the recipe, using spicy Italian sausage, & had A GREAT FRITTATA, something I'd be happy to make again! [Tagged, made & reviewed while in Australia with the ZWT5]