This was made by Naomi Crisante on James Reeson's Alive and Cooking. I did a savoury version using a herb and garlic cream cheese. It was also suggested you could do a sweet version using fruit filled cheeses. These creams cheeses come in 200 gram round packs in Australia and for this recipe a South Cape brand of Savoury Cream Cheese was used. Suggested you serve with a tomato salsa.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cut savoury cream cheese into 12 wedges and then roll each into a log shape.
- Working with one piece of filo at a time (keep rest covered to prevent drying out) brush with butter and then place a cheese log on the short side and foll up into a cigar shape, folding in the edges to enclose the cheese.
- Brush with butter and place on a baking tray, proceed and make the other 11.
- Sprinkle with seeds of choice and bake at 220C to 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with a tomato salsa.