Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Our favourite way to serve scallops. Serves 4 as a main course with sides of your choice or 8 as appertisers.
- 500 g scallops
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- olive oil
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add scallops, cook 2-3 minutes until opaque, set aside.
- Mix all ingredients (except scallops) with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a small bowl.
- Place 10 scallops on each plate. Spoon a portion of the Curry Chive Mayonnaise alongside the scallops and serve.
This tasted spendid and was so quick to put together, perfect amount of curry I thought to highlight the scallops without overpowering them. I didn't have fresh chives so dropped some dried chives in the sherry vinegar a few minutes to rehydrate them a little and that worked great. I made the mayonnaise mix a little in advance and that's probably worthwhile to let the flavours meld a little while, the mayonnaise mix would also go great with prawns or just about any other white fish as well I think.