Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This dish is for the true garlic lover. Roasting garlic brings out the sweetness. The recipe is from summer 2006 Sabroso magazine. Serve these with a side of steamed rice or pasta and crusty bread. Please note: The amount of scallops have been adjusted based on Parsley's review.
- Prepare the sauce by tossing the garlic cloves with olive oil and place on a square of aluminum foil.
- Fold the foil to form a package and roast place in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Allow the garlic to cool slightly, careful open package and transfer the garlic cloves to a medium saucepan.
- Stir in cider vinegar and bring to a simmer, mashing the cloves with the back of a spoon.
- As the vinegar evaporates, a paste will form, to the garlic paste stir in the heavy cream and simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat to blend flavors, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the scallops, rinse and dry with paper towels.
- Dust the top side of the scallops with paprika.
- In a non-stick skillet that has been sprayed lightly with olive oil, place the top side of the scallops down and sauté until crispy on top and lightly firm to the touch.
- Place scallops on serving plate and drizzle garlic sauce over.
Heaven on a plate is how my family describes this one! We will be having this again when the mood strikes and scallops are on sale!
I really loved this, am lowcarbing so it hit the spot and the flavour of the sauce was divine, just right for large scallops, think it just may overpower little ones. Thanks for a keeper Paula, Made for ZWT3
Yummy, creamy sauce with scallops ... (: Made this for ZWT III and it was very nice. The sauce could be used for MANY things. .. prawns, sauteed veggies, etc. Thanks for posting this, PaulaG. We'll have this again, I'm sure.