1/2 Photos of Scallops With Roasted Garlic Cream
This dish is for the true garlic lover. Roasting garlic brings out the sweetness. The recipe is from summer 2006 Sabroso magazine. Serve these with a side of steamed rice or pasta and crusty bread. Please note: The amount of scallops have been adjusted based on Parsley's review.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the sauce by tossing the garlic cloves with olive oil and place on a square of aluminum foil.
- 2Fold the foil to form a package and roast place in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3Allow the garlic to cool slightly, careful open package and transfer the garlic cloves to a medium saucepan.
- 4Stir in cider vinegar and bring to a simmer, mashing the cloves with the back of a spoon.
- 5As the vinegar evaporates, a paste will form, to the garlic paste stir in the heavy cream and simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat to blend flavors, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- 6To prepare the scallops, rinse and dry with paper towels.
- 7Dust the top side of the scallops with paprika.
- 8In a non-stick skillet that has been sprayed lightly with olive oil, place the top side of the scallops down and sauté until crispy on top and lightly firm to the touch.
- 9Place scallops on serving plate and drizzle garlic sauce over.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops With Roasted Garlic Cream
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.1
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.9 mg
- Sodium 95.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g