1/4 Photos of Scones (Biscuits in Usa) With Vanilla Bean and Mango Jam
From Ready Steady Cook as done by Janelle Bloom. Time is worked out on the assumption that as the jam is cooking you will be making the scones. Janelle attributed this recipe to the Country Women's Association.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 180 ml milk
- 1/2 cup cream (pouring)
Vanilla Bean and Mango Jam
- 1Vanilla Bean and Mango Jam - combine all the ingredients in a heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick and jam like (jam will thicken on cooling).
- 2For scones - preheat oven to 230C fan forced.
- 3Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 4Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl, add milk and cream and stir with a knife until dough comes together.
- 5Knead lightly on floured surface until dough comes together and is smooth.
- 6Gently press out to a 3cm thick round.
- 7Cut into scones and place on baking tray (dip scone cutter into flour and it will make the job easier).
- 8Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- 9Serve hot with butter and jam.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scones (Biscuits in Usa) With Vanilla Bean and Mango Jam
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 29.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: