From The Australian Women's Weekly After Work Fast. Times are estimates.
Make and share this Seafood in Lemon Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g king prawns (medium raw)
- 250 g scallops (roe removed)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed, minced)
- 340 g asparagus (halved on the diagonal)
- 150 g sugar snap peas (trimmed)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup cream (180ml)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (coaarsely chopped)
- Shell and devein prawns (leave tails intact if you prefer, we don't).
- Into a medium bowl combine prawns, scallops, oil and garlic.
- Cook seafood on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill on the barbecue) until changed in colour, remove and keep warm.
- Boil, steam or microwave asparagus and sugar snap peas, separately until tender; drain and cover to keep warm.
- Simmer juice and wine in a small saucepan, uncovered, about 1 minute or until reduced by half.
- Add cream and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add seafood and simmer uncovered until hot.
- Serve seafood with vegetables and garnish with the parsley.
WINNER!!! Made this as written except for cutting the recipe in half except for the sacue like TeresaS did and used parsley instead of dill (out of dill). I had large garlic cloves so that was fine and DH totally inhaled his dinner. Going into my Favorites of 2013. Thank you for posting. Made for the Aussie Swap2013.
Not really sure what I did wrong but...I mixed a citrus with dairy and it separated and cuddled like normal. Otherwise it was delicious. I cut the recipe in half but not the sauce. I seasoned it with Johnny Seasoning Salt for an added kick. Not sure where the veggies come in...I think you could serve it with any green, white, yellow or red veggies you want. I served the seafood/sauce on top of penne. Thanks for posting. :)
Delicious! My kids thought this was definite restaurant quality. :) That's a huge compliment coming from them! I did omit the scallops as we don't like them and probably tripled the shrimp as we LOVE them! I also left out the snap peas. I followed the instructions as written. When the sauce and shrimp were done - I thought it was a little too runny so.... I poured the sauce into the pasta I had made to go with the shrimp. It turned into a kind of fettuccine dish. Man oh man. Was that ever good! We put the shrimp and asparagus on top. Two kids took it to school the next day for lunch and I salvaged a bowl for myself as well. :) Thanks so much for sharing! Made for the October 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap. I will be making this as often as I can.