Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From an old recipe card that I came across during a clean up, looks good. Times are estimated but have included 30 minute marinating time in the cooking time.
- 4 (100 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon honey (clear)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 lemon (zest of)
- 1 lemon (wedged for garnish)
- Place the chicken breasts side by side in a shallow dish (non reactive, not metal).
- Mix together the lemon juice, garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley and pour over the chicken.
- Turn the breasts over until well coated and the marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Brush a non stick griddle or skillet/fry pan with the remaining oil and heat until very hot.
- Lift the chicken breasts from the dish (reserve the marinade) and and put them in the pan/griddle and sear quickly for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until the chicken browns, lower the heat and add the reserved marinade cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is done, turning the breasts once or twice.
- Once cooked transfer to serving plate and cover each with an equal amount of the zest and the remaining parsley.
- Cut the lemon into wedges and serve with the chicken.
- Suggested you accompany with rice and steam vegetables.
Yum Yum. Love the flavor of this chicken and done on the grill....well,....say no more. I did add a little more than a teaspoon of lemon pepper to the marinade as well. Lovely lemony taste~
I think I would eat chicken no matter with what they were basted, slathered or whatever. Almost forgot...this caused much joyosity in my household. That is, if there's such a word. Made for A-NZ #46.
Mmmm!!! what a very nice dinner this made, I made it to the recipe with no changes and marinaded for two hours. What a great find. I liked that you added the marinade almost at the end of cooking it made a nice sauce. I will be making this again. I served it with Zucchini/ Courgettes Sauteed With Sun-Dried Tomatoes#413205 and the two went well together. thank you for posting.