2 hrs 20 mins
Tasty winter casserole. Serve with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 60 ml honey
- 60 ml plum jam
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbed
- 250 ml water
- 125 ml dry sherry
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 60 ml water (extra)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- 2Toss pork in flour, shake away excess.
- 3Heat oil in skillet, stir in pork, cook for about 5 min or until pork is brown all over.
- 4Remove pork from pan, drain excess oil.
- 5Stir onion, garlic and sesame seeds into pan, cook 3 min or until seeds are browned lightly.
- 6Stir in soy sauce, honey, plum jam, stock cube, water and sherry into pan, bring to boil, simmer uncovered for 5 minute.
- 7Combine pork, capsicums and sesame mixture in casserole dish.
- 8Bake, covered, in oven for about 1 1/2 hours or until pork is tender.
- 9Stir in apple and cornflour blended with extra water.
- 10Bake, covered for 15 minutes or until casserole has thickened.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Pork Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.6
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 140.1 mg
- Sodium 973.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 49.0 g