Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty winter casserole. Serve with rice.
Make and share this Sesame Pork Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 60 ml honey
- 60 ml plum jam
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbed
- 250 ml water
- 125 ml dry sherry
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 60 ml water (extra)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Toss pork in flour, shake away excess.
- Heat oil in skillet, stir in pork, cook for about 5 min or until pork is brown all over.
- Remove pork from pan, drain excess oil.
- Stir onion, garlic and sesame seeds into pan, cook 3 min or until seeds are browned lightly.
- Stir in soy sauce, honey, plum jam, stock cube, water and sherry into pan, bring to boil, simmer uncovered for 5 minute.
- Combine pork, capsicums and sesame mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, in oven for about 1 1/2 hours or until pork is tender.
- Stir in apple and cornflour blended with extra water.
- Bake, covered for 15 minutes or until casserole has thickened.