Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a really glamorous dish. Apart from some careful chopping, it's really easy to prepare. Serve with my simple wok noodles.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 (1 1/2 kg) sea bass
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 cm piece gingerroot, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and shredded
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 green onions, shredded
- 50 g fresh coriander
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lime wedge, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix together the sesame seeds and salt. Season the cavity of the fish then make 3 diagonal slashes across each side of the bass so it cooks evenly.
- Transfer the fish to a large roasting tin and brush with a little oil. Scatter over the sesame salt and roast for 25-30 minutes until the fish is cooked and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, splash a little sunflower oil into a small pan and cook the ginger, garlic and chile for 2 minutes, without browning. Add the soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil and remove from the heat.
- When the fish is cooked, transfer to a large serving platter. Pour over the ginger dressing, then scatter over the salad onions and coriander leaves. Serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing over.