Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep3 hrs 30 mins
A shortbread base with a thick layer of chocolate fudge drizzled with white chocolate!This absolutely beautiful and delicious slice will get you lots of 'oooohs and ahhhhs'! Can be made a week ahead and kept refrigerated.
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm pan.
- Place a strip of baking paper to cover the base and extend over 2 opposite sides.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat to combine.
- Sift the flours together and stir into mix.
- Spread mixture over base of prepared pan.
- Bake in 325 degree F oven (160 degree C) about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- While the base is baking make the fudge topping by combining all the topping ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat until chocolate is melted and ingredients are combined.
- Remove from heat and pour over the baked base.
- Cover and refridgerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars and drizzle each bar with melted white chocolate for a very pretty presentation.
- You can melt the white chocolate carefully in the microwave and use a spoon to drizzle over the fudge topping.