3 hrs 30 mins
A shortbread base with a thick layer of chocolate fudge drizzled with white chocolate!This absolutely beautiful and delicious slice will get you lots of 'oooohs and ahhhhs'! Can be made a week ahead and kept refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter
- 75 g caster sugar (1/3 cup)
- 1 egg
- 35 g self raising flour (1/4 cup)
- 110 g plain flour (3/4 cup)
- 100 g white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Grease a 20cm x 30cm pan.
- 2Place a strip of baking paper to cover the base and extend over 2 opposite sides.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
- 4Add egg and beat to combine.
- 5Sift the flours together and stir into mix.
- 6Spread mixture over base of prepared pan.
- 7Bake in 325 degree F oven (160 degree C) about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- 8While the base is baking make the fudge topping by combining all the topping ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- 9Stir over a low heat until chocolate is melted and ingredients are combined.
- 10Remove from heat and pour over the baked base.
- 11Cover and refridgerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- 12Cut into bars and drizzle each bar with melted white chocolate for a very pretty presentation.
- 13You can melt the white chocolate carefully in the microwave and use a spoon to drizzle over the fudge topping.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortbread Fudge Slice
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.5
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 163.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 41.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g