1/5 Photos of Shrimp on the Barbie
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
From the LCBO's Early Summer 2005 Food and Drink Magazine (by Lucy Waverman) Serve on a bed of lettuce with sticky rice on the side. NOTE: Preparation time does not include the 1 hour marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste (Thai)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 4 stalks lemongrass
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1Combine coconut milk, curry paste and garlic in a saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until coconut milk has thickened slightly.
- 2Stir in lime juice and fish sauce, cool then toss with shrimp and marinate for 1 hour.
- 3Remove shrimp from marinade and thread shrimps onto lemon grass stalks, spearing shrimps in 2 places so that they don't turn on the skewers. Season with salt and pepper. (Reserve marinade.).
- 4Preheat grill to high.
- 5Brush shrimp with extra oil and grill about 2 minutes per side or until shrimps are cooked.
- 6While shrimp is cooking, place reserved marinade in a small pot over high heat, bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes or until quite thick (like mayonnaise).
- 7Remove from heat, stir in extra lime juice and sugar.
- 8Drizzle over grilled shrimp and sprinkle with mint.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp on the Barbie
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.6
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 1376.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste