Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe originally came from Better Homes and Gardens. Our DIL Leah made it for our dinner last night-this is her recipe with modifications. BH&G say it is great for a picnic, or can be served as a delicious starter. We ate it as a main with a salad. I'm tempted to serve rice or noodles with them with the remaining sauce spooned over them too rather than waste it as BH&G suggest. Drumettes are the wings with the tips removed, so they're like mini drumsticks.
- 400 ml light coconut cream
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (or more to taste)
- 1 kg chicken drummettes
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, picked, loosely packed, chopped roughly if large
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Whisk the coconut cream, soy, lime juice and curry paste and pour into a baking tray.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat well with the sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Drain off most of the liquid reserving remainder. Tipe drummettes onto a serving platter and scatter with shoots, cashews and herbs.
- Skim a bit of fat of the cooking sauce and pass it at the table for those who'd like extra.
Super easy and super yummy I followed the cooking of the recipe to the letter but served it differently, putting them on rice and spooning the sauce over and with steamed vegetables on the side. Thank you JustJanS, made for Edition 9 - Make My Recipe.
Excellent preparation of chicken wings, this is my new favorite recipe for them. Served with jasmine rice and poured the extra sauce over. Sooo good!