Droopy Drawers, By Lucy Lastic's Note:
Bangers n Mash with a twist, this is real comfort food for me, perfect for a winters night dinner. This recipe also works well with a kilo of small lamb loin chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg potato (any potatoes that you like, and are good for mashing will do fine)
- 40 g butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750 g beef chipolata sausages (I sometimes use regular sized BBQ sausages,)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (try to use a plain type of bbq sauce, or the taste may overpower)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (35 g) package French onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Pre heat oven to 200c.
- 2Boil potatoes until soft, drain then add the butter and milk ( i always heat the milk first). Mash until smooth. Set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender.
- 4Add sausages and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. (If using regular sized sauaages, once they are brown cut them into bite size pieces).
- 5Whisk ketchup, bbq sauce, worcestershire sauce, soup mix, flour and water together in a jug. Making sure there's no lumps of flour.
- 6Stir into sausages, and then bring to the boil.
- 7Spoon mixture into a two litre casserole dish. Top with potato. Then sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- 8Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1593.8
- Calories from Fat 1064
- Total Fat 118.3 g
- Saturated Fat 42.7 g
- Cholesterol 313.0 mg
- Sodium 3607.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 68.3 g