A very easy, healthy and delicious way to grill your shrimp. You can also skewer the shrimp if you want to. Just make sure to soak wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes. I didn't include the 1 - 2 hour marinating time. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, leaving tails on (you can leave the peels on the shrimp and cut down the back and devein if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- lemon wedge, to garnish
- Mix olive oil, wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic in a bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate in the fridge for an hour, two hours at the most. If you leave it longer, the lemon juice will start to "cook" the shrimp.
- Heat barbeque to medium heat. Cook shrimp until just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle shrimp with parsly and garnish with lemon wedges.
This shrimp was a big hit, Nif! I took this to a friend's home, for our Saturday 'fun-day'! I let them marinate for 1.5 hours and they were grilled and then we demolished them! I must say that they really weren't too spicy. I may even add a bit more cayenne, next time! Thanks, Nif, for sharing a great recipe, that I got to share with friends!
We loved the flavors of this shrimp! I was afraid it might be a bit spicy for my children, but it was perfect. Made for ZWT 8 Bistro Babes.
Delicious! So easy to make and the heat was fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Made for Market Tag.