1/3 Photos of Simple Shrimp on the Barbie
A very easy, healthy and delicious way to grill your shrimp. You can also skewer the shrimp if you want to. Just make sure to soak wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes. I didn't include the 1 - 2 hour marinating time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, leaving tails on (you can leave the peels on the shrimp and cut down the back and devein if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- lemon wedge, to garnish
- 1Mix olive oil, wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic in a bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate in the fridge for an hour, two hours at the most. If you leave it longer, the lemon juice will start to "cook" the shrimp.
- 2Heat barbeque to medium heat. Cook shrimp until just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 3Sprinkle shrimp with parsly and garnish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top New Zealand Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Shrimp on the Barbie
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.8 mg
- Sodium 1549.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 23.5 g