Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I couldn't find a recipe to steam our fish tonight that really appealed to me, so I came up with this.... Cook time will depend on the thickness of your fish fillets-ours were quite small.
- 400 g white fish fillets (I used a snapper-like fish)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce (not sweet chili sauce)
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients (apart from the fish and green onions) together.
- Smear a little of the dressing around a dinner plate. Arrange the fillets thickest sides out. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top and spread it around.
- Cover with cling film, punch a few holes in it then microwave on high for 2 minutes. Check and microwave a further 30 seconds at a time until the fish is just done. Allow to stand a couple of minutes then serve, pouring the juices over and garnishing with the sliced green onions.