Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sinful and yummy! A definite splurge but so worth it!
Make and share this Sinfully Delish Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 10 yukon gold potatoes
- 8 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- chives, chopped (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- Quarter the potatoes (we leave the skin on) and put into a large pot of salted water.
- Add the 8 cloves of peeled garlic.
- Boil until tender.
- Drain and add the sour cream, butter and cream cheese to the pot and mash with a potato masher, for best texture do not use a mixer.
- Spread mixture into an oven proof casserole dish (about 9X13)and garnish as desired.
- Bake uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the top has browned to your satisfaction.
- For faster results, skip baking and place under broiler for a few minutes.
This was good, but dare I say, a bit too rich for my taste (and for most of my guests). It also had quite a bit of separated oil/butter upon re-heating, so I think I'll keep looking (if only for the sake of my arteries).
Made it for an office potluck, everyone loved this recipe, I thought that it was a bit too much to add in 8oz of the sour cream and cream cheese but it worked out. I also sauteed more garlic and put it in for better "garlic-y" flavor. The recipe as it stands didn't have enough in my opinion. Asked to make it again for another potluck!
To DIE for... I do not like mashed potatoes but my family loves them. I try to find a happy medium so that I can enjoy my meal as much as they do. This recipe does it. From a self professed mashed potato hater these are wonderful. I try to cook heart healthy in the house as my hubbies has high cholesterol. I substituted fat free plain yogurt for the sour cream and low fat cream cheese for the regularly cream cheese. I still used the butter as I prefer the taste but cut it to 1/4 cup. these potatoes were creamy and delicious. I have never not whipped my potatoes with a mixer. This recipe does NOT need to be whipped. They mashed beautifully. I barely got the dish to the table before the family started digging in. thanks for a marvelous recipe.