Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this and thought it sounded really good. I haven't tried it (intend to soon) but wanted to share it anyway. From a supermarket give away.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500 g green prawns (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons black bean paste
- 1 tablespoon chili, minced
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- chives (to garnish)
- Heat oil and stir fry prawns until they change colour.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add garlic, ginger, black bean paste and chilli, stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Return prawns to wok with ketchup, vinegar and sugar, stir fry until hot.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with rice.
Mmmm these were wonderful! Because I was cooking for myself I used the full amount of sauce with half the prawns, but then when returning the prawns to the wok also included some bok choy and chinese noodles (which I'd cooked) and it all went wonderfully with the sauce.
I tried this recipe and it was really tasty although I used cider vinegar and omitted the black bean sauce. I made iranian basmati rice to accompagne it and they both tasted really nice.
Great taste. Easy recipe to alter according to what was on hand.
Omitted the bean paste, added more chilli and used cider vinegar.
Matt made it for dinner last night & if I hadn't seen him put the tomato sauce in the pan I never would've guessed it was in there. I think he used less than stated due to others reviews.
Thanks for sharing, mate :)