1/1 Photo of Slow Cooked Beef in Pasta Sauce
3 hrs 15 mins
A whole piece of beef is slow cooked then sliced and served over pasta
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 kg beef (topside, bolar, round steak are good)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800 g crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon italian mixed herbs
- 1/8 teaspoon mixed spice, similar to pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- cooked pasta, to serve
- 1Trim excess fat from beef and season with black pepper.
- 2Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and cook the onion and garlic until tender-about 5 minutes. Remove.
- 3Add the beef to the pan. Turn, browning well all over.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients (except the pasta) and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours then remove meat to a warmed covered plate.
- 6Increase heat under sauce and cook without a lid for 15 minutes or until reduced to a sauce consistency. Season with more black pepper if you wish.
- 7Slice the meat and return to the sauce; serve over genrous portions of cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Beef in Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 181.0 mg
- Sodium 1269.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 73.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: