1/4 Photos of Slow-Cooked Lamb Shanks With Lentil Ragout
2 hrs 20 mins
A magazine find that I plan to try soon. Our lamb shanks vary a lot in size, so you may need to serve 2 sometimes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow (160c).
- 2Toss lamb shanks in seasoned flour, heat oil in a large saucepan and brown shanks in batches for 4-5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- 3Saute onion, carrot, celery and chili in same pan for 4-5 minutes until onion is tender. Stir through lentils, tomatoes water, wine and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- 4Place the lamb and sauce mixture into a large oven proof casserole dish; bake covered, stirring a couple of times for 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Uncover and cook a further hour or until meat is almost falling off the bone.
- 6Stir parsley through and serve over mashed potatoes with green vegetables if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Lamb Shanks With Lentil Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1703.7
- Calories from Fat 676
- Total Fat 75.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 484.2 mg
- Sodium 384.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 169.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: