Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I cooked some really yummy pork the other night which made me go look for the nutritional data on them, which lead me to the recipes on the Australian Pork site. I found 3 I really loved, this is the one I loved the most of those!
- Score the fat on the pork belly and trim.
- Combine the salt and water together and whisk to dissolve.
- Place the pork belly into a shallow non-metallic dish. Pour over the salted water, cover and allow to sit covered in the refrigerator for 8 - 24 hours.
- Remove belly from the water and pat dry.
- Pre-heat oven 160C.
- Sprinkle the fat side with a little flaked sea salt and place into a baking dish with the cranberry juice. Cook in the pre heated oven for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove and allow to rest.
- Combine the plum sauce, chilli, white sugar and pan juices into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the pork belly into squares. Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat with a little olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Place the pork belly squares into the pan, fat side down and sear for 2 minutes. Turn and brown on the other side. Drizzle over a little sauce to glaze.
- Serve on individual plates with steamed Asian greans.
- Note: pork may also be served sliced on a large platter for entertaining. Pork belly may also be roasted without soaking if you are short on time.