2 hrs 15 mins
I cooked some really yummy pork the other night which made me go look for the nutritional data on them, which lead me to the recipes on the Australian Pork site. I found 3 I really loved, this is the one I loved the most of those!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Score the fat on the pork belly and trim.
- 2Combine the salt and water together and whisk to dissolve.
- 3Place the pork belly into a shallow non-metallic dish. Pour over the salted water, cover and allow to sit covered in the refrigerator for 8 - 24 hours.
- 4Remove belly from the water and pat dry.
- 5Pre-heat oven 160C.
- 6Sprinkle the fat side with a little flaked sea salt and place into a baking dish with the cranberry juice. Cook in the pre heated oven for 1 ½ hours.
- 7Remove and allow to rest.
- 8Combine the plum sauce, chilli, white sugar and pan juices into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9Cut the pork belly into squares. Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat with a little olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Place the pork belly squares into the pan, fat side down and sear for 2 minutes. Turn and brown on the other side. Drizzle over a little sauce to glaze.
- 10Serve on individual plates with steamed Asian greans.
- 11Note: pork may also be served sliced on a large platter for entertaining. Pork belly may also be roasted without soaking if you are short on time.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Pork Belly With Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1449.5
- Calories from Fat 1199
- Total Fat 133.3 g
- Saturated Fat 48.4 g
- Cholesterol 180.0 mg
- Sodium 5269.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: