1/1 Photo of Slow-Cooked Soy Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
I found this on a New Zealand site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 100 ml liquid chicken stock
- 2 zucchini, washed, sliced and salted
- 1Heat the oven to 180gC. Wash the chicken pieces, pat dry with paper towels and cut into 4cm chunks, discarding any fat in the process.
- 2Mix the cornflour with enough cold water to make a thin paste and toss the chicken pieces through it.
- 3Heat the oil in a casserole or heavy-bottomed pot and cook the chicken with the white part of the chopped spring onions and the ginger, stirring continually, until the chicken is lightly browned.
- 4Add the three sauces and stock and stir to incorporate all the browned bits stuck to the bottom. Cover and place in the oven.
- 5Cook for 30 minutes, pat the zucchini dry, add to the casserole and stir through, then cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is very tender.
- 6It is unlikely to need seasoning, but check before serving on plain boiled rice, garnished with the chopped spring onion tops.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Soy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 983.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: