Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This dish is paired with Sage and Pumpkin Mash as a side and as part of an dinner party menu from Super Food Ideas. Times are estimated.
- Preheat oven to 170C (150C fan forced).
- Arrange rosemary across base of a large roasting pan and sprinkle with half the oregano, turn and sprinkle with remaining oregano.
- Arrange shanks in a single layer, in pan and add garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour white wine (or sherry) and stock into pan and cover pan with foil and bake for 1 hour and then remove from oven and turn shanks and re-cover and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove shanks from pan and skim fat from pan juices and serve pan juices drizzled over the shanks.
I made this tonight for the two of us. I used ALL the liquid, three small sprigs of rosemary, two teaspoons of dried oregano (2 tablespoons would be a huge amount) and 4 cloves of garlic. In my opinion, that would be more than enough seasoning even with 8 shanks. Once the foil came off, the liquid almost reduced to nothing-it would have been hard to get enough to serve over the full amount of shanks. Never mind, this was absolutely delcious and we both loved it thanks Pat.