Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992
Cream Cheese Mix
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 bagels (sliced in half) or 1 piece Turkish bread (10cm x 10cm) or 2 slices bread (thickly cut)
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 slice red onion (optional)
- In a food processor, add cream cheese, lemon juice, dill and capers. Combine for a few minutes (not to much as cream cheese will be to watery).
- Toast chosen bread.
- Once the bread has been toasted spread cream cheese mix thickly onto both pieces of bread.
- Top with the smoked salmon and red onions.
Very nice! Rather than use a processor I just chopped the capers and mixed with a fork.
This is a great sandwich. I use a lot of smoked salmon, especially for entertaining, and this will be added to my collection. It is important that the capers are very well rinsed and drained. Have also used this, and similar, on black bread. Thanks for submitting.
Yum! Easy, yummy and quick lunch. I kept to the recipe even used the optional red onions. It's important to really drain the capers to avoid excess moisture because the cream cheese mix could get watery. However slightly water it still tasted so good that I had to make another sandwich. Thank you Aus/NZ chefs