1/6 Photos of Smoked Salmon and Egg Bake
Russell made this for brunch for the two of us this morning. It is really a luxurious dish and could probably feed 3 or 4 people less greedy than us! The original recipe came from the net, but he has modified it quite a bit. I would also enjoy smaller sized pieces of this served just warm as fingerfood. Yum. Or served with a green salad for lunch. Just adding, we have made this in a round pan too, and cut into wedges (see phot) this worked really well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g smoked salmon, flaked into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup smoked cheese, grated (we have used sliced smoked camembert, but gouda would be good)
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 180c.
- 2Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onions and garlic and saute about 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and add the herbs.
- 4Whisk the eggs and cream together, add the smoked salmon and cooled onion/garlic mix.
- 5Stir well and pour into a greased loaf pan.
- 6Bake 20 minutes.
- 7Top with the cheese and salt and pepper and return to the oven for about 10 minutes more, or until set.
- 8Serve hot, topped with sour cream if you wish.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon and Egg Bake
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.2
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 578.1 mg
- Sodium 854.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & freshly ground black pepper