1/1 Photo of Smoked Salmon Cheesecake
1 hr 10 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A rich savoury cheesecake baked in a springform pan, then refrigerated. Because it is served at room temperature, this is a great make-ahead appetiser, and an ideal dish for occasions when you're serving a large group of people. The preparation and cooking times do not include cooling and refrigeration times. I have adapted this recipe from one I found on a Canadian website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup round cracker, crushed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream, low fat is fine
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/4 cup purple onion, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, well-drained, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1Sprinkle the cracker crumbs in the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- 2Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until the mixture is fluffy.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg is added.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- 5Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan, and bake at 325ºF for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 6Remove the pan from the oven and cool it on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 7Gently run a knife around the edge of the pan and release the sides of the pan. Cool the pie completely, and refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
- 8Serve at room temperature with crackers or crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g