1/1 Photo of Smoked Salmon Cheesecake
1 hr 10 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A rich savoury cheesecake baked in a springform pan, then refrigerated. Because it is served at room temperature, this is a great make-ahead appetiser, and an ideal dish for occasions when you're serving a large group of people. The preparation and cooking times do not include cooling and refrigeration times. I have adapted this recipe from one I found on a Canadian website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup round cracker, crushed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream, low fat is fine
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/4 cup purple onion, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, well-drained, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1Sprinkle the cracker crumbs in the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- 2Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until the mixture is fluffy.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg is added.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- 5Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan, and bake at 325ºF for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 6Remove the pan from the oven and cool it on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 7Gently run a knife around the edge of the pan and release the sides of the pan. Cool the pie completely, and refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
- 8Serve at room temperature with crackers or crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g