From Super Food Ideas as part of a menu for 8 and was the starter. Times are estimated and the cooking time is the chilling time.
- 3 lebanese cucumbers
- 250 g cream cheese (chopped softened)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (finely grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dill (fresh chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup capers (baby in brine and drained)
- 120 g smoked salmon (roughly chopped)
- 4 radishes (trimmed washed and halved)
- 1 celery rib (thickly slice diagonally)
- 8 baby carrots (dutch trimmed peeled)
- cracker (lavosh to serve)
- Peel deseed and dice 1 cucumber.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, lemon rind and lemon juice in a bowl and stir until smooth and then add dill, capers, diced cucumber and salmon and stir gently to combine and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavours to develop.
- Meanwhile, cut remain cucumbers in half and thickly slice diagonally.
- Serve dip with radish, celery, sliced cucumber, carrot and crackers (if you can leave the stalk/leaves on the radishes and carrots it makes for an attractive presentation.
The cucumbers give this dip such a delightful crispy crunch. I served with veggies and crackers and got lots of thumbs up. made for holiday tag.