This was in one of my Australian Cookbooks, I'm not even sure which one! (I have lots) This makes a great appetizer, or a great lunch. Even a light dinner with a salad!
- 300 g sour cream
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dill
- 1 ear corn on the cob or 10 ounces frozen corn, cooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup self raising flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1 red Thai chile, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 200 g smoked salmon, slices
- Combine sour cream, onion, chives and dill in a small bowl. Cut the kernels from the cob and microwave until just tender, drain on paper towel.
- Combine the egg, and flour in a small bowl, gradually stir in the milk. Add corn, chili and coriander and stir to combine.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook heaped tablespoons of corn mix one at a time, press them down a little to make a "pancake", until browned on both sides and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Place two fritters on each serving plate and top with equal amts of sour cream mix and then the salmon slices.