1/1 Photo of Smoked Salmon W/ Chili Corn Fritters and Sour Cream Dip
A la Carte's Note:
This was in one of my Australian Cookbooks, I'm not even sure which one! (I have lots) This makes a great appetizer, or a great lunch. Even a light dinner with a salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g sour cream
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill
- 1 ear corn on the cob or 10 ounces frozen corn, cooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 red Thai chile, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 200 g smoked salmon, slices
- 1Combine sour cream, onion, chives and dill in a small bowl. Cut the kernels from the cob and microwave until just tender, drain on paper towel.
- 2Combine the egg, and flour in a small bowl, gradually stir in the milk. Add corn, chili and coriander and stir to combine.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan and cook heaped tablespoons of corn mix one at a time, press them down a little to make a "pancake", until browned on both sides and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- 4Place two fritters on each serving plate and top with equal amts of sour cream mix and then the salmon slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon W/ Chili Corn Fritters and Sour Cream Dip
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.6
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 453.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red Thai chile