This is one of Russell's favourite dips he makes when we are having a get together with friends. It's really simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (250 g) container spreadable cream cheese
- 1 whole smoked trout, skinned and deboned (or you could use packaged fillets I guess)
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill or 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped
- 1Reserve about 1/4 of the fish meat and flake it roughly.
- 2Place the remaining ingredients except the herbs in a food processor and work until smooth.
- 3Check for seasonings and maybe add a little more lemon juice.
- 4Add the herbs and pulse briefly.
- 5Scrape into a bowl, fold through the reserved fish and refrigerate covered until required.
- 6Spoon into serving dishes and serve with turkish bread, crackers and/or fresh veggie sticks.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Trout Pate
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.4
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 199.3 mg
- Sodium 576.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: