Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My latest favourite potato salad. It's really nice served warm too-that seems to bring the flavour of the smoked trout out more than chilling it does. It's worth taking extra care to remove all the tiny bones from the trout.
- 350 g smoked trout fillets, skinned,boned and flaked
- 450 g new potatoes, washed (I like to scrub them with a new scouring pad)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine the ingredients for the mustard mayonnaise and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes, or until tender, cool and cut in half.
- Mix together with remaining ingredients including the mustard mayonnaise, and serve.