Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are a much easier form of the traditional Australian lamingtons.
Make and share this Snow Balls (Lamington copy) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease shallow muffin tray.
- cream butter and sugar.
- add vanilla.
- add egg.
- add flour and milk alternatively.
- place in shallow muffin tray and bake 20-25 minutes until golden.
- let cool.
- mix icing sugar and cocoa and add enough water to make paste.
- dip cakes completely in icing and cover in coconut.
Having many Australian relatives, I know what "real" lamingtons taste like. My problem was that I needed to make 300 of them for a Girl Scout event. Not only was this an easy way to accomplish my feat, they tasted WONDERFUL! I used a mini muffin pan and cooked them for 10-12 minutes at 325. Finding the right coconut was a challenge but learned that organic coconut works very well.