Posted for a recipe request. Please note that there are two lots of toasted sesame seeds. One in the dressing and the other to top the salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 g sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dashi, granules
- 125 ml water
- 1To make dressing, place the sesame seeds in a mortar and pestle and grind until fine and moist. Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, ginger, dashi granules and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the dashi granules have dissolved. Remove from the heat, cool.
- 2Gradually combine with the ground sesame seeds, stirring to form a thick dressing.
- 3Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and cool completely. Cut into 10cm lengths using scissors.
- 4Place the snow peas in a large shallow bowl with the daikon, carrot, green onion, spinach leaves and noodles. Add the dressing and toss well to combine. Place in the fridge until ready to serve. Just before serving, sprinkle the top with toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Somen Noodle Salad With Sesame Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.2
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1244.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: