Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Shrimp Sampi Australian style. Garlic and herbs on pasta! Yum! Found at a Australian sight.Tweeked!
- 1 lb large shrimp, clean and devined
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash chili
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- Saute garlic in olive oil for 3 minutes. Add broth and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, onion, capsicum and herbs and simmer for 6 minutes add shrimp and cook till done about 2-4 minutes. Pour over the pasta.
I cut the recipe in half and added some mushrooms but other than that followed the recipe. Another great recipe from Rita!!! It was so easy and delicious. Thank you. Made for Herb of the Month--Tarragon.
This is a refreshingly delicious meal! We loved it. I followed the recipe exact and then added sliced mushrooms. Great flavor, easy to make and healthy for you. I used whole wheat pasta. Thanks for another winner Rita!
I was oing away camping and wanted some quick and easy tasty meals..this fit the bill perfectly. I had a packet of frozen cooked prawns and used these in place of the shrimp. Great recipe.