Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Made this last night for dinner and was extremely pleased with the results. Very low fat, but I doubt anyone will notice. Herbs and sweet vegetables were wonderful. I used thyme instead of tarragon as I didn't have any tarragon on hand. Very easy to make. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan, if desired. From a website featuring Australian recipes. It called for 20 cloves of garlic, but I figured that was a typo.
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicums (bell pepper) or 1 green capsicum, chopped (bell pepper)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- black pepper, to taste
- ground red chili pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti or 4 cups other pastas
- Saute garlic in olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start boiling water for pasta, cook according to instructions on package and drain.
- Add tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and herbs to broth and simmer for 10 minutes more. Pour sauce over pasta and serve.