1/3 Photos of Spaghetti With Herb Sauce
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Made this last night for dinner and was extremely pleased with the results. Very low fat, but I doubt anyone will notice. Herbs and sweet vegetables were wonderful. I used thyme instead of tarragon as I didn't have any tarragon on hand. Very easy to make. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan, if desired. From a website featuring Australian recipes. It called for 20 cloves of garlic, but I figured that was a typo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicums (bell pepper) or 1 green capsicum, chopped (bell pepper)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- black pepper, to taste
- ground red chili pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti or 4 cups other pastas
- 1Saute garlic in olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 2Add broth and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, start boiling water for pasta, cook according to instructions on package and drain.
- 4Add tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and herbs to broth and simmer for 10 minutes more. Pour sauce over pasta and serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: