1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Potato, Sage and Lemon
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A delicious and unusual spaghetti dish, completely vegetarian, adapted from a recipe in Vicki Wild's 'Wild Sides: an A-Z of essential, exceptional vegetable side dishes'. Well this one is certainly exceptional - there was nothing even remotely like it already posted - but to me this is clearly a main course dish rather than a side dish. Depending on taste preferences, you may like to substitute some of the stock for wine. When I now make this, I use Vegetable Stock for the stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- 2Thinly slice the potatoes, and place the potato slices on two lightly oiled baking trays, sprinkle with thyme, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and golden. Set aside.
- 3Add the spaghetti to a large saucepan of boiling water and cook until al dente.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic, and sauté until softened.
- 5Add the sage and sauté for 1 minute or until soft.
- 6Add the drained spaghetti and toss to combine.
- 7Pour in the stock or wine/vegetable stock, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, and toss together for 2 minutes.
- 8Add the potato slices and lemon juice and toss for 1 minute further or until the liquid has reduced.
- 9Remove from the heat and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- 10Transfer the spaghetti to a large serving platter and sprinkle with the parmesan or pecorino.
- 11Serve with crusty rolls and salad greens.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Potato, Sage and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (638 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 819.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 290.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: