1/1 Photo of Spanish Prawns With Spicy Lentils
From Delicious Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 (220 g) jar roasted red capsicums, drained, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 500 g peeled raw king prawns, tails intact
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- crusty bread
- mixed salad leaves
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and chorizo, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the onion softens and the chorizo starts to crisp. Stir in harissa and cook for a further minute.
- 3Add tomatoes, lentils, capsicum and stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- 4Season the prawns with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then add to the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
- 5Stir in the parsley, then serve with crusty bread and a mixed salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Prawns With Spicy Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1001.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 205.0 mg
- Sodium 480.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 63.9 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 84.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: