1/1 Photo of Spice Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut squash is a delicious nutty tasting vegetable. Roasting brings out it natural sweetness, which is nicely balanced with the spices. This dish is great with grilled fish or meat, or wonderful on its own with a spoonful of yogurt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- 2Peel the butternut squash, then halve it lengthways and scoop out and discard the seeds.
- 3Cube the flesh.
- 4Put the olive oil in a roasting tin and place in the oven.
- 5Place the cumin, chili, coriander and salt in a pestle and mortar and crush together lightly.
- 6Throw the spices into the hot oil, then add the butternut squash, tossing to coat the pieces in the spiced oil.
- 7Roast for 30-35 minutes, turning from time to time until tender and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spice Roasted Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.2
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 300.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g