1/3 Photos of Spiced Balsamic Duck With Plums and Couscous
Aus/NZ Hosts's Note:
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Spiced Balsamic Reduction
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 star anise
- 1 garlic clove, lightly smashed
- 1 hot red chile, split
- 1Spiced Balsamic Vinegar:
- 2Combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, chilli and star anise in a small saucepan stir over low heat for 4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by one-third and slightly thickened. Remove the flavourings and discard. Set aside.
- 4Season the duck breasts well with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat and place the duck breasts in skin-side down. Cook 6 minutes until crispy, then turn over and cook a further 4 or until done to your liking. It's normal to serve duck breast cooked medium to rare. Rest for 5 minutes before serving
- 6While the duck is resting, pour the boiling stock over the couscous and set aside covered for 5 minutes. Stir the butter through with a fork fluffing up well.
- 7Place the plums in the reduction and reheat gently.
- 8Slice duck breasts and serve them and the plums over couscous.
Browse Our Top Duck Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Duck Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Balsamic Duck With Plums and Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.1
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 344.3 mg
- Sodium 379.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 67.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: