These little heaps of spicy ginger biscuit (cookie) topped with caramel icing (frosting) are easy to make and look so professional. The recipe is from the Australian magazine "Woman's Day".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter, chopped and slightly softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- 2Lightly grease and line two baking trays with silicone paper.
- 3In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- 4Beat in egg and honey.
- 5In a separate bowl, sift flours, ginger, spices and bicarb soda together.
- 6Now, tip the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and using a flat wooden spoon or long spatula or similar, lightly fold together until the mixture changes from a breadcrumb consistency and forms doughy clumps.
- 7Roll tablespoons or heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
- 8Arrange on prepared trays 3cm (about 1") apart.
- 9Use two fingers to flatten biscuits slightly.
- 10Bake for 12-15 mnutes until lightly golden brown.
- 11Allow biscuits to sit on trays for a few minutes to firm, before transferring to cooling racks.
- 12Caramel Icing:.
- 13While the biscuits are cooking, sift icing sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
- 14Now, combine brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan.
- 15Stir over a medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 16Add milk and bring to a boil.
- 17Pour caramel mixture into the icing sugar and whisk until smooth.
- 18Allow to cool until icing is of spreadable consistency.
- 19Using a knife, spread icing over the tops of cold biscuits and set biscuits aside until the icing sets.
- 20(It may look like there's not a lot of icing for so many biscuits, but it is sufficient as long as you don't slather it on really thickly).
- 21Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Ginger & Caramel Bites
Serving Size: 1 (907 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: