Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A combination of several recipes I found on line. Quinces are quite tough (but not impossible) to peel-use a sharp knife and take a bit of care and you'll be fine. Get rid of all the woody bits when removing the cores. Quinces develop a much nicer colour if made a day or two before serving and will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- Bring the first 8 ingredients to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer.
- I drop the peeled, cored quince wedges straight into the syrup.
- Cook on that low simmer until they are tender. That might be half an hour or as much as two hours just keep checking!
- Remove the quinces from the syrup and turn the heat up. Reduce the syrup by about half then pour back over the quinces and cool.
- To make mascarpone cream, combine mascarpone, extract and icing sugar mixture in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.