Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy slice similar to Apple crisp or Apple crumble. Serve hot with icecream for dessert or cold for afternoon tea! I make this slice with my own apples when they're in season.
- Preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees c.
- Grease& line a rectangle slice pan.
- Place flour, oats, sugar, coconut& cinnamon in a large mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Make a well in centre& pour in melted butter.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are moist.
- Firmly press two-thirds of the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the apple on top, smooth it out with a fork or spatula& sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
- Crumble remaining mixture over apples, press gently onto the apples with your fingers.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes until golden& base is crisp.
- Cool& cut into fingers or squares.
This is a good, simple recipe. I made mine without the coconut and added 1/3 c extra oats. It took slightly longer - more like 45 min. I gave them to some coworkers and they disappeared instantly!
I've tried this hot & cold - either way its very tasty. I used recipe 10381 (Fried Apples) for the filling. Thanx *Marli*