Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy slice similar to Apple crisp or Apple crumble. Serve hot with icecream for dessert or cold for afternoon tea! I make this slice with my own apples when they're in season.
- Preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees c.
- Grease& line a rectangle slice pan.
- Place flour, oats, sugar, coconut& cinnamon in a large mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Make a well in centre& pour in melted butter.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are moist.
- Firmly press two-thirds of the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the apple on top, smooth it out with a fork or spatula& sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
- Crumble remaining mixture over apples, press gently onto the apples with your fingers.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes until golden& base is crisp.
- Cool& cut into fingers or squares.