Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
A spicy BBQ sauce to use to coat meat before barbecuing or grilling or to serve over barbecued or grilled meat. I developed it when we bought our own barbecue.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite fruit chutney (Or try my Australian Sweet Apple Chutney or Dried Fruit Chutney)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (ketchup in USA?)
- 1⁄4 cup wine or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Gently fry onion and garlic in the oil until the onion is transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, cover pot and simmer for 15 minutes.