1/3 Photos of Spicy Tomato Salad
Tasty tomato salad with added spice. I'm not sure where I got this recipe from.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 medium ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 long red chilies, halved lengthways, seeded, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 12 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup freshly grated gingerroot
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 80 ml olive oil
- 125 ml balsamic vinegar
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1/3 cup firm packed light brown sugar
- 1Place tomatoes, chillies and onions in a serving bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine pepper, seeds, ginger, garlic and spices.
- 3Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat until it's almost smoking.
- 4Add spice mixture, stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes, then pour over tomato mixture and stir.
- 5Heat balsamic and red wine vinegars, salt and sugar in a pan over high heat until boiling, then immediately pour over tomato mixture.
- 6Mix well and cool to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1774.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g