1/2 Photos of Spinach and Feta Mushrooms
These make a really nice vegetarian starter (leave out the cheese and butter for a vegan) and are great finger food if you use about 18 smaller mushrooms. Add a couple of crispy, cooked, crumbled bacon slices too, if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the damp spinach in a large pan for about 2 minutes-or until it has wilted.
- 2Drain really well, and chop coarsely.
- 3Mix the crumbled feta through the spinach.
- 4Preheat the broiler to medium.
- 5Place the mushrooms gill side up on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 6Season and drizzle over a little oil.
- 7Grill for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 8Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the onion until golden.
- 9Stir in the spinach mixture and season to taste.
- 10Spoon the mix into the mushroom cups, sprinkle with a little shredded Parmesan and grill until it's golden.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Feta Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 119.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: