1/9 Photos of Spinach, Like You Have Never Had
My good friend Bev cooked this one day at a friends place. She had never been a spinach fan. Whole new way to look at the old "silver beet" which is a brother to the more insipid English spinach. Can be a breakfast dish with a few eggs, luncheon with a sprinkle of cheese, or side dish. Anything a little different is nice for a change :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shred the green leaves from the white stem, and wash both thoroughly, drain.
- 2In a frypan with a little olive oil, fry some chopped onion, garlic and bacon (capsicum optional). When limp add a dash of pepper and curry powder.
- 3Chop the stems and add them to the mix, cook a few minutes, stirring.
- 4Add the shredded leaves and stir, cover and steam 2 mins, or until done the way you like it.
- 5(There should be enough water on the leaves to steam effectively, but you can add some if you have too.).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Like You Have Never Had
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 151.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: