1/3 Photos of Spinach, Tomato and Ricotta Omelette
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini (coarsely grated, squeeze out excess moisture)
- 40 g spinach leaves (baby 4 cups)
- 70 g sun-dried tomatoes (99% fat free 1/3 cup)
- 4 (50 g) eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 50 g low-fat ricotta (fresh crumbled)
- 2 slices sourdough bread (1cm thick or gluten free bread toasted)
- 1Heat half of the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the zucchini to the pan and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until the zucchini softens.
- 2Transfer the zucchini to a medium bowl and add the spinach and tomatoes and to to combine and set aside and cover to keep warm.
- 3Wipe the pan with paper towel to clean and then heat the remaining oil in the pan on medium.
- 4Put the eggs in a small bowl and season with pepper and whisk to combine and pour into a jug and add half the egg mixture to the pan, then swirl to coat base of pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the omelette is almost set.
- 5Use a flat bladed knife to carefully slide around the edge of the omelette to loosen.
- 6Spoon half the zucchini mixture over one half of the omelette and sprinkle with half of the ricotta and then flip over the uncovered half of the omelette to cover filling and slide the omelette onto a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 7Repeat with remaining egg, zucchini mixture and ricotta to make a second omelette.
- 8Sprinkle the omelettes with pepper to serve and accompany with the sourdough toasted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Tomato and Ricotta Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.4
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 1227.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: