1/1 Photo of Spring Salad
From our local/state paper's feature of Seven Recipes in Seven Days by Marg Johnson. Looks like a wonderful fresh breakfast/brunch. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a small film of oil in a wide-based pan and cook the prosciutto pieces until they change colour and then place on paper towelling so they drain and crisp up.
- 2Snap off the asparagus spears at the tender point, cut them in half on the diagonal and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes in hot water or until they are just tender and then drain them.
- 3Place a handful of greens neatly on each plate and arrange over the prosciutto pieces, asparagus spears and spring onions that you have sliced thinly on the diagonal.
- 4Bring a pan of salted water to the simmer and drop in the cracked eggs and simmer until the whites are set but the yolks remain soft and then lift them out the an egg slice and touch the base of this on a clean tea towel to drain and arrange an egg on each plate.
- 5For the dressing combine the juice of the lemon with the garlic and plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Add about 3 times the amount of olive oil to lemon juice and mix together and then drizzle over the salad.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Salad
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 80.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens