Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was in the AGE weekend supplement. I'll be trying this soon-probably next week-as it looks good.
- 400 g sirloin, hand chopped
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 6 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 2 cornichons or 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 teaspoons brandy
- 4 teaspoons chopped parsley
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a large bowl.
- Use your hands, and make sure everything is mixed well and distributed evenly.
- Form the mixture into 2 large, thick round patties.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick fry pan and cook the burgers on one side for 5 minutes, until dark and crusty.
- Turn and cook for 1-2 minutes more or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve on grilled Turkish bread with oven roasted tomatoes, and a rocket salad, or how ever you wish.
- You can serve this mixture raw if you really want to!
This was very easy to make. I ate one portion raw with toast wedges - very tasty. I couldn't find capers, so I increased the tabasco a little and had to add salt. I'll make burgers out of the other portions and see how that goes!