This recipe is from Australian Women's Weekly cookbook, but definitely has a Mexican flair.You can leave some of the seeds in the hot peppers for more kick in the salsa. Serve with potatoes or rice and some more vegetables if you like
- 1 1⁄4 lbs steak fillets
- 1 small red hot pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing, oil free
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine hot peppers thru garlic and mix well.
- Cook beef on oiled grill plate or BBQ until browned on both sides and cooked as desired.
- Serve beef with salsa.
What an interesting dish...at first we were wondering...what do these two thing have in common...they don't go together...but the more you take a bite of steak and toss in the salsa the more you understand the recipe...so the end result is...yes...they do go together...thanks for posting this delicious recipe...=)