1/2 Photos of Steaks With Whiskey Cream Sauce
Sara 76's Note:
This is the ultimate decadent, impressive, delicious main dish. This came from a set a recipe cards my sister received as a gift many years ago. It's one of my favourite meals to make, share, and enjoy. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Press steaks into a neat shape; cut bread into rounds about the same size as the steaks.
- 2Heat butter in pan, add mustard, mix well. Brush bread on both sides with mustard butter, place on oven tray, bake in moderate oven 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Heat remaining butter in pan, add steaks, cook until done as desired; remove from pan, keep warm.
- 4Drain off pan dripings, leaving 1 Tbsp in pan. Add flour and shallot, stir over medium heat a few seconds. Stir in water, stir until sauce boils, add cream, parsley, buillon cube, whiskey and lemon juice. Reduce heat, simmer 2 minutes. Put steaks on bread, serve with sauce over.
- 5This is best served with new potatoes and green beans.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steaks With Whiskey Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.6
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 954.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: