Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the ultimate decadent, impressive, delicious main dish. This came from a set a recipe cards my sister received as a gift many years ago. It's one of my favourite meals to make, share, and enjoy. :)
- Press steaks into a neat shape; cut bread into rounds about the same size as the steaks.
- Heat butter in pan, add mustard, mix well. Brush bread on both sides with mustard butter, place on oven tray, bake in moderate oven 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat remaining butter in pan, add steaks, cook until done as desired; remove from pan, keep warm.
- Drain off pan dripings, leaving 1 Tbsp in pan. Add flour and shallot, stir over medium heat a few seconds. Stir in water, stir until sauce boils, add cream, parsley, buillon cube, whiskey and lemon juice. Reduce heat, simmer 2 minutes. Put steaks on bread, serve with sauce over.
- This is best served with new potatoes and green beans.
This is the most delicious steak recipe I have ever tasted. It is mine and my husband's special date night meal, especially with mashed new potatoes.
Decadent and impressive is an understatement, this dish is to die for!!! I made exactly as stated, and it was perfect. The Whiskey is not something to skip, the taste it gives is so AMAZING. This is a restaurant quality dish Sara, at the highest level. Thank you.